Western Seed is one of the leading seed companies in Kenya
The Company wishes to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:-
Accountant/Accounts Assistant-1 Post.
Qualifications and Experience for Accountant/Accounts Assistant
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have: –
• A Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
• CPA 2 and above.
• Proficient in SAP or Agricultural Software will be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years experience in a busy organization .
• Should be Computer Literate(Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint Access) for data entry and posses a valid driving licence.
• Must be able to deliver under strict deadlines and handle pressure effectively.
• Must be 30 years and above.
Responsibilities of Accountant/ Accounts Assistant
• Handling office administration duties.
• Preparing monthly accounts statements.
•Oversee debtors and creditors and ensure the reconciliation of their balances.
• Maintain cheque payment summary.
• Maintain the petty cash.
• Do monthly bank reconciliations.
• Confirm supplier invoices entered in system.
•Knowledge and submissions of all statutory deductions such as PAYE, VAT.
• Maintain monthly expenses and VAT schedule post monthly customer withholding VAT claimed.
• Procurement of goods and services including pre-qualification of suppliers.
• Preparing monthly operational plans drawn from the work plan.
• Preparing payroll, NSSF, PAYE, NHIF.
• Accounting duties: Maintaining accounting records, processing payments for suppliers, consultants bills and updating the accounting system.
• To perform any other duties assigned by the management from time to time.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com by 15th of November 2017
Your CV must be backed up with copies of certificates and testimonials.